Fonds - Long Point School Fonds

Open original Digital object

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Long Point School Fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 0 (Creation)
    Creator
    Long Point School

Physical description area

Physical description

10cm of textual material.
1 photograph.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1842-1960)

Biographical history

The first school at Long Point was a log building built in 1842. A stone school was built in 1862. Teachers for the school "boarded around" at the homes of their pupils.
The school was also used as a place of public worship on Sundays and weekday evenings. Funerals were also occasionally held at the school.
The school closed in 1960.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records from Long Point School, or School Section Number 5. This includes minutes of Trustee’s Meetings (1862-1875, 1881, 1885-1888), accounts records (1862-1873, 1878-1939), daily attendance registers (1895-1927) and a copy of a photograph of the Long Point School class of 1953.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Accession Number: 987-01, 010-027, 2011-006, 2012-002

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

School Accounts Book 987-01 also available in digital format via Lakes & Islands Times Past for <a href="http://images.ourontario.ca/lakesandislands/75625/data?n=1">1914</a> and <a href="http://images.ourontario.ca/lakesandislands/75716/data?n=1">1933</a>.

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Box and folder list available. Click on image above to view.

Associated materials

Accession Number 998-17: Newspaper clipping of the history of Long Point School.

Accession Number 010-024: 5 copies of book “Fourteen to One: Schools in the Township of Rear of Leeds and Lansdowne", commemorating the opening of Sweets Corners Elementary School, 1973.

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres

Physical storage

  • Coroplast box: G 0079